Before you buy a Cal Spas Hot Tub or Swim Spa it is important to understand what goes into the process. Key factors are location, electricity, budget, warranty, the right spa, and finding the right dealer. Here is a guide to consider before you buy:
Choose a location
- A leveled foundation is crucial – Cement with minimum 4.5 inches THICK is recommended.
- Walkway to the spa is advised for easy and safe access in and out of the spa. Also, it will help keep your spa clean from dirt and debris when you enter the spa.
- Access for delivery is a must when placing a spa. Using a spa delivery service is recommended. In some cases, you may need to use a crane to get your spa or swim spa into your backyard.
- Make room for drainage. Depending on how often you use your spa we recommend you change your spa water every 2-4 months.
- If you decide to put your spa indoors choose a space with proper ventilation.
Consult an Electrician
- A licensed electrician is advised to consult your backyard and see what is needed to safely set up your spa.
- Check if your electric box will handle the usage of volts. Hot Tubs can take 120V or 240V depending on the spa.
Create your budget
- Luxury requires constant maintenance; therefore it is good to keep in mind the upcoming factors you need to consider before purchasing a spa.
- To keep the spa hot, it will take more electricity, to heat your spa. Check with your local city to see how the usage will affect your electric bill.
- Is it best to finance or pay cash? Cal Spas offers a spa for each lifestyle at every price point. Cal Spas makes it affordable and budget-friendly for you to create your backyard oasis. If you finance, do your research and find the best lender for your decision.
Choose the Right Spa
To find the best spa for you refer to our infographic here. Depending if you want your spa for therapy, family, or fitness we have choices for everyone.
Extra things you need for safety and to protect your spa:
Spa Surrounds – allows easier access in and outside the spa. You can also customize your backyard oasis by using the different the pieces to create your own private living space.
Pro-lift Cover Lift – Through the seasons it is best to keep your spa covered and protected from outdoor elements. It is a good idea to invest in a good and easy to use spa cover because it is crucial for spa maintenance.
Register your spa
To use your warranty you need to register your spa. Please click here. If you need to register your Cal Spa hot tub.
Find a local Cal Spas Dealer here