We all know that spas are relaxing—warm water envelops the body and relieves the tension that builds in our muscles. But what about creating memories and having fun? Cal Spas hot tubs are great for that, too!
Here are some games that you can play in your hot tub with your friends and family. Have a blast!
We know what you’re thinking: how can I play cards in water?! Well, most cards are laminated in plastic, making them waterproof. Use an upside down Frisbee and bam! You have a playing table. You can play any card game you like!
Before you get scared off by the idea of a hockey puck in a hot tub, note this simple substitution: use ping pong balls or rubber duckies! The object of the game is to get the “puck” to touch your opponent’s side of the spa. But there’s a catch! You can’t touch the “puck,” but you can splash it and blow on it!
3. Don’t Sink the Cup
If you have red solo cups (or any plastic cups, really), this game is simple yet entertaining! Take one cup and place it in the center of the hot tub, the correct way up. With a separate cup filled with water, each player takes a 2-second turn pouring water into the middle cup. But be careful! The player who sinks the cup loses, and the rest of the group picks their penalty.
We’re a month into summer, and the season of social gatherings is upon us. Take advantage of temperate summer nights and get together with those close to you by hosting a hot tub party! Here are five tips to help you kick it off without a hitch:
- Clean Your Spa Ahead of Time Nothing says “relaxation” like a good-looking spa. Take the time to test your spa’s water quality with a reagent test kit or test strips. Total alkalinity (TA) is the measure of alkaline substances in your spa’s water. It is recommended that your spa’s TA be between 80-120 PPM. For more information on how to maintain your CalSpas Hot Tub, click here.
- Size Matters Keep in mind the number of seats available in your spa when inviting guests to your get-together. CalSpas hot tubs range in a variety of sizes, from intimate 2-person spas to spacious 12 person swim spas. While not all of your invitees might decide to take a dip, make sure that you don’t overextend yourself or your spa.
- Keep Extra Towels Handy Make sure to have extra towels close by. Anticipate some guests leaving their towels at home, or even inside. By being prepared, you will prevent excess dripping throughout your home.
- Create a Fun and Relaxing Atmosphere Whether you’re sticking to a theme or just winging it, decorate the area. Furnishing the area with fun or relaxing items will create an aesthetically pleasing setting. Get creative with your playlists, too! Background music can help set the tone for your evening.
- “Dip Before You Sip” Before you dismiss the saying as an old wives’ tale, here is an important fact: both alcoholic beverages and hot tubs raise your body temperature and expand your blood vessels. This can cause inebriation to set on much more quickly. Enjoying your beverages after a soothing soak keeps everyone safe and having a good time. Be sure to supply other drinks (water!), too.
Waterfalls add a tropical effect to your spa. Waterfalls come in classic cascade or vertical fountain styles and are specific to each spa series. The four-stream Rainfall water fixture has a high angle trajectory that emulates rain. LED lighting options also enhance the look and feel of any waterfall.
For an evening soak LED lighting is a great feature. Powered with energy efficient LED bulbs. LED lighting can be programmed to alternate between colors. You can also shine a particular hue to match your mood.
Audio & Visual Entertainment help to enhance your spa experience. Freedom Sound has bluetooth technology that allows you to control your music through your smart device. iSound is an iPod stereo system & FM receiver , speakers and floating RF remote. Plug in your iPod, iPhone or iTouch into the dock and adjust the volume.
Take a look at all the features you can add to your Cal Spas Spa www.calspas.com!